Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ego Scumsworth Interview






Name: Ego Scumsworth

Age: 26

Reppin: Eastside Long Beach/Belmont Heights

In the lab working on: Dookie Hard 1.7, the follow up too acclaimed Dookie Hard. And The talented Mr. Scumsworth (Solo project)

Sounds like: I sound like a nigga who embraced the culture clash that Long Beach has to offer.

As a hip-hop artist how do you feel the Obama victiry will impact hip-hop?

EGO: I think black people as a whole got more pep in the step lol. As far as hip-hop it's no more, these crackers ain't letting niggas get shit.Cuhz now the highest authority is a black man. I think it'll expose nigga making excuses for their short comings and inspire others to keep moving in the positive, because anything is possible now.

So where do you think the gangster rap will fit in, in this equation?

EGO:I think it'll still thrive because people love that lifestyle so much. The majority of gangsters are so because they choose to be anyway. Black pres or not they're gonna keep watching Menace 2 Society and wanting to be like O. Dogg. You know I heard a grown ass man refer to himself as the real life O. Dogg. I was thinking O. was 16 or 17 in the movie. Your basing your actions and your role models on a character that's half your age damn near.

Do you think most rappers, rap that style beacuse they really lived it or because its what gets them the checks in the mail?

EGO: I can't call it bro. I know G.Malone personally that nigga's a CRIP.

What about the new guys coming Charles Hamilton, U-N-I, Pac Div, Kid Cudi?

EGO: I love Pac Div dude, them niggas are dope. I just saw Swiff D in a beat battle last night. He lost 1st round but the crowd wasn't his.

How do you feel about the surplus of good music on the west coast bubbling?

EGO: I feel great about it. I'm tryin to get my name in that mix.

You think they'll over take the rap that dominates now, the gangster gimmick dance step stuff thats running rap now?

EGO: I love when people are truly themselves, I think it's quite possible. The rap game takes on different personas used 2 be New York attitude based. Then gangsta, then gangster mafia type of styles, hustlers and drug dealers. Lyracism was in there too. Now it's swagger, and who got more swag than us? Niggas been California dreaming forever.

But no one on the west getting no pub like that.

EGO: Very true. I feel like the heads don't wanna share sometimes. They wanna keep all niggas exclusive to the few niggas that know. Other regions swagger jack'n Cali all the time jack'n Snoop, E-40 even Too Short

How?

EGO: That nigga was on tracks pimpin, speakin heavy slang, beats was super bass heavy. 808's and the whole 9.

Yeah true, Name me some hot underground West Coast artist.

EGO:Can I just name all my friends? Ego Scumsworth, J-U Sega, LB Fitted, Namebrand, Mykestro, Quiz, Conflict, The Blocc Boyz, KT the one, Cali, Lude

You ain't name me yet, lmao I got lil flow. Like the la river in the summer.

EGO: Apostrophe, Beach Boy J

Lol. Gotta hear me first, we gotta get in the booth.

EGO: Fuck it, You're my boy, I vouch for you, good or not, Plus you're from my city.

Ahhh yes

That's how a lot of sorry niggas infiltrated the game. Niggas was like fuck it, He from Atl and so am I so I fux wittum.

Lmao real talk, how you feel about the rap coming out of Long Beach?

EGO: Awesome, I heard Crook is working on some shit wit Joe Buddens, Joel Ortiz, and Royce the 5-9.

You mentioned Atl, Do you think we'll ever get to where we help are fellow West Coastian or even LB artist like that?

EGO: Iono, I've heard a lot of talk about doin such, but not much action. Like I'll talk to rappers tryin to make their reputations just like me and they'll Hollywood the fuck outta me.

Ceeeeesh!

EGO: But we got a Crooked I feature on 1.7. How was Crook not to busy and you were? He dropped 52 freestyle weeklys last year and still did our track. Like warrior strong?

Yeah Crook a Amnimal

EGO: Yeah, G. Malone got a veerse for us too.

Would you care to mention any artist who hollywood fuck jobbed yall?

EGO: Naw. Their not a factor anymore. I'll just keep going to their shows to network with their fans and shit. No big.

Alright, way to take the high road.

EGO: Thanx

Anything you wanna say to your fans, people who haven't heard of you or fellow rappers?

EGO: www.myspace.com/egomisfit Let the music speak on my behalf.

Gracias my dear buddy, on some other ish. Man I'm itching for a new episode of Heros.

EGO: Dude

I know!

EGO:Like sonner than later they need to put one on.




Thanks EGO for coming thru dude. Check out www.myspace.com/egomisfit and www.myspace.com/misfitent Beach Boy outtie....5..Million Billion.

No comments: